So what skill are important as a startup CEO?
Defining the skills a startup CEO requires is addressed here by Stephen Millard of Norton Capital.
Fred Wilson, the VC, says “A CEO [only does] three things
- Set the overall vision and strategy of the company and communicates it to all stakeholders
- Recruit, hire, and retain the very best talent for the company
- Make sure there is always enough cash in the bank”
“The role of the early stage ‘Product CEO’
- Establish product market fit, maintain ongoing innovation and establish a leadership position;
- Communicate the vision to all stakeholders;
- Recruit a great leadership team and establish a culture to attract and retain the best people;
- Build an economically viable and capital efficient business; and
- Drive the business forward relentlessly to successfully navigate from Seed to Series C”
The article is concise and well worth reading.
Navigating the emerging landscape
#typed notes explores the emerging landscape from an insiders perspective, commenting on futurology, social media, brand planning and anthropology. And inspiration
He is Founding Partner at Metropolis Partners