Managing the inbound process
An article describes how an attempt to talk to three agencies, in preparation for a possible brief, failed to get a response.
The LinkedIn Pulse article asks when about the process as to when potential new business clients emails (and the good) advice is to:
1. Test your website contact form regularly
2. Have a formalised process for new business enquiries, regardless of origin
3. Respond quickly, as it proves you are reactive – then you can begin to prove you are proactive
4. Be very mindful of speed and content is another – read what’s been asked, get the most appropriate person to respond so the response is meaningful, helpful and positive.
5. Use initiative and confirm next steps, send a calendar invite for the next action and connect on LinkedIn.
Adding to this is that the above is one element of the process in place for agencies – make sure that the process itself is streamlined and set standards. Have a response within the hour – be it a holding one to acknowledge the message.
~source :: LinkedIn Pulse
The question here is what exacting process have you in place for inbound inquiries?
Navigating the emerging landscape
#typed notes explores the emerging landscape from an insiders perspective, commenting on futurology, social media, brand planning and anthropology. And inspiration
He is Founding Partner at Metropolis Partners